Ontario Bar Admission 2001
Stephen acts for many individuals and businesses in the practice areas of Business law/Corporate law, Wills, Trusts, Estate Administration, Residential and Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Leasing.
In his Business law/Corporate law practice, Stephen’s clients range from new start-ups to large and established private corporations. Stephen has had extensive experience in assisting his clients start a business, buy a business, organize a partnership or corporation, reorganize the share structure of a corporation, create family trusts and Wills for business owners, review and draft contracts and leases, review and complete mortgage/financing transactions, implement shareholder or partnership agreements (buy-sell agreements), and buy, sell, lease and/or develop commercial or industrial property.
Stephen has also practiced in the areas of Municipal Law/Public Law related to land purchases, use, easements, sale and other rights and interests in land, and has been retained by and advised local municipalities and other public organizations/authorities.
Stephen’s individual clients range from a young person or couple buying their first home or making their first Wills to more established individuals and business persons with potentially complex purchases and estate planning matters, as well as individuals who have lost loved ones and need assistance in the estate administration.
Outside of the office, Stephen enjoys camping with his wife and three children, spending time with friends and playing various golf courses around Cambridge.
Stephen and his family have lived in Cambridge since he joined the firm in 2001. Since coming to Cambridge, Stephen has served on a variety of local boards and committees, including:
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce (executive director, chair)
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation (director)
- Cambridge North Rotary Club (member, director, president)
- Cambridge and District Humane Society (director, vice president)
- Redeemer University College Board of Governors (director, governance chair)
- Redeemer University College Alumni Association (director, vice president)
- Redeemer University College Research Ethics Review Committee (committee member)
- Waterloo Region Small Business Centre Board of Advisors (member/advisor)
- Maranatha Christian Reformed Church of Cambridge (member, elder)
- Cambridge Christian School Society (member, director)
Stephen is a member of the Shades’ Mill (Cambridge) and Waterloo Law Associations, as well as the Ontario and Canadian Bar Associations.
- J.D. (Juris Doctor), 1999. Osgoode Hall Law School
- M.B.A., 1999. York University (Schulich School of Business)
- B.A. (Hons), 1995. Redeemer University College