We provide a broad range of services to meet the business needs of our clients.
Our years of service allow us to assist any size of private corporation, partnerships or individuals through starting a business, continued business operation or a business reorganization. We can assist you if you are considering:
- Incorporating a business
- A change in corporate structure
- A change in shareholders or partners – our lawyers can draft or review shareholder agreements and partnership agreements
- Issuing new shares – rollovers and estate freezes
- Mergers – we can provide non-competition and non-disclosure advice when contemplating mergers
- Employment agreements for new or existing employees
- Independent contractor agreements
- Outsourcing supplies or services
- Family Trust Agreements
- Annual resolutions
Buying or Selling a Business
If you are thinking about buying or selling a business, Pavey Law can assist with each of the steps along the way by offering advice on:
- The pros and cons of buying and selling the assets of a business versus the shares of a business
- Restructuring the business prior to the sale
- The things you should know about a business before you buy
- Negotiation and preparation of the purchase or sale agreements
We will see your transaction through to closing and provide a professional report for you, summarizing and enclosing all of the important documents in the transaction.
If you or your business has been wronged by another, there are many methods of settling your dispute. At Pavey Law, our lawyers have the necessary experience to pursue the matter before the Court or to work with the other party outside of Court or any other formal process to attempt to reach a resolution.
Business Financing: Mortgage Registration, Recording Loans and Securities
If your business is looking to obtain financing through lenders, whether private or institutional, our firm can assist with the legal documentation and registration of any mortgages or other forms of security. Similarly, if you are providing financing to another party or are an institutional lender, our lawyers can assist in any due diligence or legal review, the drafting of documents to record the loan and the registration of any security.
We have extensive experience in drafting general security agreements, promissory notes and other loan documents, dealing with Personal Property Security Act registrations and searches and all forms of mortgage registrations. We will work to protect your interests, either as a lender or borrower in any transaction.