Pavey Law advises both employees and employers on numerous issues relating to employment law.
We can assist employees with many employment matters, including:
- Reviewing employment agreements provided by a prospective employer
- Advising on employee rights and obligations, both during and after the employment relationship
- Providing advice on severance packages offered upon termination
- Representing employees in wrongful dismissal actions and before administrative bodies such the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
For our employer clients, our services include the following:
- Drafting comprehensive employment agreements for all levels of employees
- Preparing of non-compete and non-solicit agreements and confidentiality/trade secret provisions in employment contracts
- Advising on appropriate termination package for employees
- Representing employers in wrongful dismissal actions and in claims, applications and appeals filed with the Ministry of Labour, Human Resources Development Canada and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Assisting and providing advice on the enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements